College Hill Neighborhood Association
Round Table Meeting, November 18, 2019 – Minutes
Persons in Attendance: Carol Christenson, John Christensen, Clark Duffy, Sue Fackler, Andrianne Johnson, Gail Kennedy, Tom Luellen, John Parton, Jasmine Puderbaugh, Christi Stewart, Don Zeller.
- Community Officer Update – Officer Strickland attended. No report was provided as data was not updated/current. A demonstration of Google Community Crime Map was provided. Go to site, pull up USA, zoom to Kansas and then to Topeka. Officer Strickland recommended not leaving car running with keys inside. He provided his phone number if need to contact him — 785.861.0197
- Treasurer’s Report – Report provided by Tom Luellen and accepted. Barricade discussion.
- Minutes of last meeting – Minutes from the July meeting were made available.
- Speaker – Bill Fiander, Representative from Topeka zoning department. Mr. Fiander indicated that he was at meeting to listen and understand.
- Report from committee on neighborhood housing concerns – several neighborhood representatives have looked into homes in the College Hill neighborhood that appear to not be being used in accordance with City code. Discussion on what can and cannot be done and possible course of action took place. More work to be completed.
- New Business
- Holiday activities — Christmas decoration contest.
- Chili feed – Possible date discussed.
- Old Business
- Recycling results – last drive raised $107. Appreciation was expressed.
- Octoberfest report – Day was a success. Served as substitute for the Home Tour. Nautilus Club does not think activity is a good fit for them.
- Next Round Table Meeting on January 13, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. Will have a short organizational meeting before the next Round Table Meeting for committee on generating ideas on spending funds in the College Hill accounts. Short organizational meeting for committee after the Round Table Meeting. Several suggestions/ideas were mentioned: Exercise Stations, Porch fest, Light bulbs, markers… more to be discussed on 13th of January.