CHNA Minutes – April 18, 2016
- 12 attendees including the members of the State Historic Preservation Office who came to discuss the latest results of the Historical Survey
- Historical Survey results – Tim Paris and his colleague explained the results of the historical survey. College Hill has 60% historically contributing homes north of 15th street and 75% contributing homes south of 15th This makes the neighborhood eligible to become a historic district. One of the advantages of being a designated historical district is tax credits. For more information contact Tim Paris with the city of Topeka at 785-368-3013.
- Stars and Stripes Festival – Volunteers needed
- Clean up day occurring on 4/23/16 with AmeriCorps
- Suggestion made by Susan Duffy to have Monique or Sasha from the city come to address our neighborhood regarding the recent code changes.
- Neighborhood Resource Expo from 9-11 am on 4/22/16 at the Expo Center
- Recycling – Drive moved to 7/9/16
- Blossoms – Scheduled on 4/30/16 from 8-11 am. Come early for the best selection
- Garage Sales – Scheduled for the weekend of 6/10/16
- National Night Out – Andy Fry suggested a movie on the lawn
Respectfully submitted by Clara Gamache